RagHag Diva

Dissecting all the weekly trash celebrity magazines so YOU don't have to!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Reader Question - Is Anderson Gay?

So I love getting questions - we all wonder 'did we hear that right?' or 'is so-and-so dead?' Send them my way and I'll do my best in answering them.

And without further ado, my FIRST question:

Dear RagHag Diva:

I have been madly in love with Anderson Cooper for about two years. I realize he is too young for me. But, I need to know if he is gay. I checked around and no one seems to know for sure. I need to know just in case he loves the older woman type.

I never give up on the men I love. Bogey has been dead since 1957. But, I know I would have stood a chance with him.

Signed,
Confused

Dear Confused:

You are not the only one confused about Anderson Cooper's sexuality. Message boards all over the internet have been hypothesizing this very topic for years. The skinny is that it has never been confirmed, by Mr. Cooper or anyone else, if he is, in fact, gay - though most people who think about these sorts of things seem to think that he is.

The one article that openly suggests that Anderson plays for the other team is from Out magazine, written by His Holy Gayness Michael Musto. Titled simply Anderson Cooper, Musto asks very smart questions as to why the mainstream media and Anderson himself remain quiet on this issue, "though the same scribes are not so timid about reporting on Christiane Amanpour’s marriage or Soledad O’Brien’s twins."

The website only provides a portion of the article, which caused a lot of letters to be written in criticism of Musto outing Cooper. Musto defends himself in Musto Answers His Anderson Cooper Critics, and his arguments are extremely compelling and thought-provoking.

But the short answer to your question is, yes, by all appearances, Anderson Cooper seems to be gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mot said...

has anyone tried to email Mr. Cooper and ask him if he is gay? Just an idea. You all got one, use it!!!!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home