RagHag Diva

Dissecting all the weekly trash celebrity magazines so YOU don't have to!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Kelly Relents after Simon Bitches

When I was in high school, I was one of those fringe alternative kids. No, I didn't put Knox Gelatin in my hair or pierce my nose, but my friends did, and no I didn't do drugs with them, but I did drive them around town when they were high.

I listened to 89X - the alternative radio station. I didn't listen to the really hard shit - like the Cramps or Black Flag - that was a little too alternative for me. I was more of the Depeche Mode/New Order/Erasure sort of gal. My main band of choice was The Smiths. Whenever one of us had a bad day, my friend Michelle and I would lock ourselves in one of our rooms and listen to Morrissey wail and moan until the sun went down. By the time we were done, we were so mellowedly depressed we would forget why we had a bad day in the first place.

I write all this to preface my upcoming confession. I was always a pop-snob. I couldn't even tell you who were the pop singers of my high school days. I'm thinking Debbie Gibson and Tiffany, but that could have been junior high. I would never listen to Top-40 for fear of being caught by my "squid" friends (yes, they were called "squids" at my school in the suburbs of Detroit, and not "punks" like they are everyone else in the country). So what I am about to say is extremely brave, considering my background:

I like Kelly Clarkson.

Scratch that. I LOVE Kelly Clarkson.

I listen to her song "Since You've Been Gone" almost every day, and it always puts me in a great mood. I dare you right now to listen to that song and not move your head to the beat. I dare you to listen to that song and not hum it later in the day. Go on: TRY IT!

So what's this have to do with celebrity gossip? Well, Kelly decided that she didn't want any future American Idols hacking apart her songs on the show that made her a megapopsuperstar. So she told Simon and pals to stick it when they asked for her permission to use her songs on the show. So Simon got all sanctimonious (and, well, honest) and said she'd still be a waitress if it weren't for the show and the least she can do is give permission for other hopefuls to botch them up in front of the entire country. So, she relented.

Wow. I just bared my soul to you guys. I feel like..... I feel like....

I CAN BREATHE FOR THE FIRST TIME
I'M SO MOVING ON, YEAH YEAH
THANKS TO YOU, NOW I GET, I GET WHAT I WANT!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mrs. Breedorf said...

Is it just me, or does Kelly look like one of the Olsen twins in that video?

9:44 PM  
Blogger RagHag Diva said...

hmmm - i've never picked up on that - lemme watch it again.....

5:39 PM  
Blogger mommaaradia said...

i f-ing hate kelly clarkston and i actually like that song, and sing it often and joyfully in my car, my poor children, i worry for them.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home