RagHag Diva

Dissecting all the weekly trash celebrity magazines so YOU don't have to!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Grammys!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was too busy anticipating what Mariah Carey was going to wear for the Grammys.

OK - not really. But I did watch the Grammys off and on last night. I was flipping back and forth during American Idol. And then at 10 I had to watch Project Runway. But I got the gist of it.

U2 still rocks. I love that band - and the worst decision I made in my lifetime was staying at school to play a gig at a frat house with my band rather than to go to my cousin's wedding in Chicago. See, U2 was playing at Chicago the same weekend, and it turned out my family stayed at the same hotel they did. So my brother and sister got to meet Bono and the rest of them while I made 50 bucks singing for a bunch of drunk fraternity guys. I had just seen them in concert, front row I may add, the week before. In hindsight, it would have been much cooler to meet U2.

My girl, Kelly Clarkson, got 2 Grammys. She won for "Since You've Been Gone" which is the best song ever and I don't care if you judge me for saying that, but she performed "Because of You", which was a bit odd. Whatever. She can sing what she wants. She also got some flack for not thanking the people at American Idol. People, that was 4 years ago. Isn't a girl allowed to distance herself from the reality show that made her famous? Is she indebted to them for her whole career? Let her live, for the love of god.

The suprise guest was Sly Stone. It's been 13 years since he's performed. He walked out in the middle of a song, played a bit of keyboard, and then left. It was odd. But he's an odd guy. Dave Chappelle introduced the segment, saying "The only thing harder than leaving show business is coming back." Poor Dave. He got a bit overwhelmed with his success on "The Chappelle Show" and had to take off for Africa for a bit. Looks like he's back. I, for one, am glad, because he is simply hilarious.

The only "scandal" was Teri Hatcher showing up in a see-through gown. But you couldn't see anything but the black boy-shorts panties underneath. Seems a little contrived to me.

So that's basically it. Death Cab for Cutie didn't win best alternative album, which is a crime. They are the best new band out there. If you haven't already, check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home