RagHag Diva

Dissecting all the weekly trash celebrity magazines so YOU don't have to!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Reese Accuses Star of (Gasp) Lying!


Reese Witherspoon is suing Star magazine for publishing lies, untruths, and fibs. They said she was knocked up. She says, uh, no.

I've always wondered why celebrities haven't sued the rags when stories were run full of actual non-truths. I guessed that the rags would claim 1st amendment blah blah blah. But if they report something as fact that is, in fact, not true - well, that seems like a law, or whatever, is being like, broken.

Back in the 80's there were tons of lawsuits against the National Enquirer. But since the tabs turned glossy, it seems that the lawsuits have all but stopped.

Good for Reese for taking a stand. But it sort of will make my job here harder. Ah well - I'm all for supporting my sister here. I like people who draw lines in sand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home